Sunday, January 30, 2011

Naturally

Today was a very odd day, climatically. As I walked outside, the foliage reminded me it was winter, but the sun's bright glow and warmth upon my skin preached a different story. It was as though God was telling us to be hopeful through the winter and decided to give us a very early reminder of how beautiful spring time can be.

I have had several conversations about the whether and how it affects our moods. As beautiful as a rainy day can be, there is something about sunshine that can make even the darkest of situations feel a little brighter (both physically but also internally).

Days like today make me glad that there are forces to preserve our natural environment. The natural world and the miraculous beauties that are underneath all of the man made constructions are our closest connection to God. The only thing closer is of course ourselves and other living creatures.

Days like today are beautiful because the ability to enjoy them does not discriminate. I hope everyone got to take at least a few minutes to stop, take a breath, and marvel at how beautiful our world can sometimes be.

No comments:

Post a Comment