Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hopeful for Today


"I'm hopeful, yes I am, hopeful for today. Take this music and use it. Let it take you away." 

It is wonderful how art can capture the essence of a moment, an emotion, a movement, or even a life. This is my project for 2011. I've never been one for public projects or the feeling that sharing my thoughts with the world is necessary. This may be humorous to anyone reading this that may know my propensity for tangents and talking a bit too much. I'm realizing I do this, because I have way too many thoughts just swirling around in my head, desperate to get out. In actuality, I'm much more confident in writing and so I decided to start this, mainly for catharsis. All those closest to me can be a little relived that this may alleviate my garrulous nature ;). 

Most importantly, this project is a project of sharing joy and good news. During the last two years I've had a lot of beautiful and disheartening growth experiences in graduating college, starting my new job, and especially by the many people who have come in and out of my life. In all of this chaos, I became a little overwhelmed and lost a bit of my optimism and cheerful sparkle. I wish I'd have started this process during 2009 or especially 2010 (since it was such a big year), but I'm learning to live with no regrets. Life is both beautiful and chaotic. We must choose how we navigate it and what we focus on. 

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing and a beautiful writer. wow. love you.

    ReplyDelete