Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Independence



"Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no when you don’t want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here. Believe in kissing."
Eve Ensler

I find that by this point in the world most of what is important enough to be said has already been said in so many words by someone else. I found this passage and feel it says exactly what I woul want to say, but much more eloquently. I guess this is my feminist post for the year ;), since Eve is the creator of The Vagina Monalougues. This show usually comes out on Valentines day, so I guess I'll ponder more on this day, much less eloquently I'm sure... Until then, do something new on your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment