Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ounces of Sanity

I don't know if I or anyone else at the office can handle much more, but we're all trying and trying to keep our spirits up in the process :). Today I added yet another precious being to my case load. I don't want to in any way disclose anything confidential and so this is all I'll say- I'm barely scratching the surface of what is required for my children and families, and I'm definitely not doing what is best. I will survive, but I feel as if I'm constantly counteracting the whole purpose of why I came into this field. I had to tell a child his case was transferring to a new worker and nearly started crying. I felt victory because I didn't cry, but I felt defeat in the frustrating feeling that these children need one thing more than anything- Consistency in love and consistency in care. Two things that are often hard to accomplish especially for the children on my case load that are increasing receiving a reputation in our office....

By this point I have only ounces of sanity left, but as soon as I have things in at least some things worked out for some of my kids, I'm going to try and keep myself healthy by going for a LONG, LONG run. I know this is supposed to be positive... I can say, that there are caring and loving people out there, but we have few and far between resources. Our children are suffering because our politics are not looking at the long term and our system is too divided. I will one day help change this, but for today, I will continue to learn, grow, and at this moment, maintain my sanity. ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment